We are close to finishing up our homestudy, which will then mean we are eligible for the referral of a child. Technically, we are already in the waiting stage, according to our adoption coordinator--however, she told me that we are only #4 in line, which caused a bit of panic and excitement all at once. This means things could happen more quickly (as in two-three months) or not--it's impossible to say for sure.
We did, however, respond by moving forward on actually choosing a paint color for our child-to-be's room (to finally make the room ours after tolerating a hideous yellow with ladybug trim from the previous owner's daugther), and I began taking inventory of the baby clothes my sister-in-law left me before moving overseas a couple years ago. : )
I also took a look at the dossier documents we still need to gather and decided I'd wait until we're actually ready to sign them all before printing them off and putting the final touches on them, seeing as how we're still waiting for the homestudy to be completed.
So, that's the update for now!
Sarah
1 comment:
Yay! I can't wait to meet Baby Hughey!
Post a Comment